Office Manager Diploma
Today’s office managers need to be skilled and confident across a wide range of disciplines – from superior admin skills to recruiting staff, book-keeping and payroll. As a consequence, many employers find it hard to find sufficiently skilled staff for this crucial role.
This course has been developed specifically to meet this need. If you want to become an Office Manager, our comprehensive Diploma will give you the essential skills you need to help secure a good job.
You can start your Diploma at a time to suit you and our flexible learning system means you can fit your studying around existing work and home commitments. There will also be a course advisor on hand to help, should you need additional support. Many centres also offer free CV advice and have strong links with local recruitment agencies and employers; all to build your confidence and help you get the job you really want.
The Pitman Training Office Manager Diploma comprises 200 hours flexi-study; there are ten core subjects, plus two elective modules with a wide range of choices including subjects such as health and safety, Sage payroll and Sage 50 accounts. Your course advisor will be able to help you decide which subjects are most appropriate for your needs. Core subject areas covered include:
• Typing and keyboard skills – how to touch type accurately, using the correct keyboard technique
• Effective business communication – letters, emails, telephone and personal presentations
• Book-keeping Level 1 - learn and be confident in double-entry book-keeping
• Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word – learn spreadsheet and word processing skills to a good business standard and then progress to expert level for advanced Word skills
• Microsoft PowerPoint – become confident in creating slide presentations
• Microsoft Outlook – learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically
• Get Into HR – understand the main principles of HR, including methods of recruitment, reviewing application forms, preparing for interviews, employee induction and contracts of employment
• Different Leadership Attributes and Skills – understand the techniques that are needed to lead a department and teams effectively
On completion, you will have earned a highly regarded Pitman Training Diploma, which will help your CV stand out. Pitman Training is highly respected by employers; yet again top business professionals have voted Pitman Training to be the top independent training brand, through achieving Business Superbrand status.
Kick your career up a gear. For full details and a free, friendly consultation with the experts, call Pitman Training today on 1800 532632.